Product review - Gallinée

About the Brand

Gallinee products are about incorporating good bacteria or 'micro-biome' into out skincare. The healthy bacteria that lives on our skin can get damaged to stripped by everyday lifestyle and the use of antibacterial products (which remove bad but also good bacteria). Gallinee believe that restoring our skin's good bacteria ecosystem (think actimel for your skin rather than your gut!!) it can restore out skin's natural defences and therefore producing healthier skin which will be less prone to acne breakouts, inflammation and other skin conditions.

Face mask and Scrub



What it contains/ingrediants
  • Probiotics - the strictest definition of probiotics is "Probiotics are live micro-organisms that keep your body healthy" this is also referred too as "good bacteria". The probiotic that Gallinee use is the Lactobacillus family (you might have heard this before as its the probiotic included in the yoghurt drinks e.g actimel etc). This strengthens the skins micro-biome and provides relief for various sensitive skin conditions.
  • Prebiotics - This is the food source for the good bacteria to thrive and survive. Probiotics are excellent for recalibrating the micro-biome and fortifying the skins microflora, promoting healthier skin. 
  • Kaolin - known as 'China Clay' this is a natural and pure white clay that is rich in kaolinite, which is renowned for its purifying properties, helping to cleanse and exfoliate the skin.
  • Lactic Acid - This is one of the gentlest AHA acids on the market. Lactic acid helps skin stay within its optimal PH range (reducing excess oil production, dryness, acne formation, etc). It also has hydrating and softening properties. Gallinee uses a slow releasing form of lactic acid to maximise its benefits throughout the day.
  • Sea Minerals
  • Vitamin E - This is a powerful antioxidant know for its hydrating, protecting and soothing properties.
  • 97% Natural origins.
What it doesn't contain
  • Colourants
  • SLS
  • Parabens
  • Mineral oils
  • Silicones
  • Microbeads
  • Phenoxyethanol
  • Methylisothiazoline
When can it be used

It is recommended by Gallinee to be used twice a week - its very gritty so if you have sensitive skin I would not use it more than this as it might be too much. I use it every other day sometimes (I love a good scrub tho).

Is it Lush?!?

Yes!! There are two main things I love about this product. If I'm going to use a scrub I want a really gritty gritty scrub. I am very prone to blocked pores and so I want a scrub thats going to be most effective in helping to clear them. Therefore, I have often been disappointed by scrub that had no 'grit' at all. But this does!! Its very course and really does polish and exfoliate your skin feeling it feeling super smooth and squeaky clean. 
The second thing that I adore, is that as well as deep cleaning my skin. It also feels soft and nourished after too. This product doesn't leave my skin feeling dry, stripped, tight or sensitive. They have really balanced the 'scrub' aspect with being deeply hydrating and nourishing. A definite win win in my eyes.
Lastly, as you all might know, I have had a long history with acne and so the balancing of my skin natural flora to help prevent further breakouts this is a massive massive bonus and something which I love about the brand. I would defiantly recommend this product and this price point of £17.90 for 100mls is also really reasonable as you only need to use a 2 pence piece amount for each application so it will last you a loooooong time!!!


Body Milk


What it contains/ingrediants
  • Prebiotics
  • Probitoics
  • Lactic Acid
  • Bogbean Extract - A powerful antioxidant which protects vitamin C within the skin's cells, reinforcing collagen synthesis to firm and tone the skin.
  • Sweet Almond Oil - This hydrating and nourishing oil helps to soften and regenerate the skin thanks to its high content of linoleum acid to reinforce the skin's barrier function. 
  • 94% Natural 
  • +103% hydration after one use.


What it doesn't contain
  • Colourants
  • SLS
  • Parabens
  • Mineral oils
  • Silicones
  • Phenoxyethanol
  • Methylisothiazoline
When can it be used

Once or twice a day, or whenever needed!

Is it Lush ?!?

Yes!! If I am being bluntly honest, I used to hate applying body creams/milks as it used to leave my skin feeling tacky, sticky and I would hate putting on my clothes afterwards as I would feel sticky and horrible. BUT... this body milk is not only nourishing (perfect post shave when your skin is feeling sensitive or abit drier) but is sinks into my skin really fast so I don't get a sticky residue which I used to hate. This milk is light and nourishing. It may seem simple as it doesn't have a scent, but I just love it. This is £27.90 for 200mls so not cheap but if you are looking for a light but nourishing body milk then this is for you.

Check out Gallinee on their site https://www.gallinee.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog